Google’s “Don’t be evil” creed gone!
Google has removed its classic do no evil motto and replaced it with this longer but clearer version:
“Everything we do in connection with our work at Google will be, and should be, measured against the highest possible standards of ethical business conduct.”
What’s the latest on SEO and what tasks can I do myself?:
- Pop a couple of keywords into the title of your page.
- Do the same for your meta description box. Even if Google doesn’t count this, it still pops up in the search results in bold.
- Don’t over do it! Just add one or two keywords into the above.
- Add them to at least one image, ALT text.
- Add them into the first paragraph of your page, then naturally through out the rest of the page.
Creating good SEO content:
There are two ways to create SEO specific content.
1. Research keywords your potential customers are searching. Pick a theme, a group of keywords. For example: “dog cleaning Melbourne”, “dog wash Melbourne” etc… Now write good original content, about 300 words long. The more information the better.
2. Write your article first, then research which keywords will fit best into your article.
Questions and Answers
Q: Where do I edit my SEO meta tags?
A: If you are using modx, right click and pick edit on a specific page.
Now enter a good keyword rich title and description – don’t forget to mix in the keywords into your main body of content.
See red boxes below for the best places.