Alexandra Tachalova recently theorized “SEO and SMM are like pizza and cheese: you can get one without the other, but, believe me, it isn’t worth it.”
Social Media Marketing (SMM) has become a significant tool in the all-important battle for Google rankings but it begs the question; Should your focus be on SMM or Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)?
SMM through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram allows you, the user/owner, to post content related to your brand whereas SEO blog posts created by another person/company, ranks your business in Google. So which is better you ask?
The answer is, both! SMM allows you to post content directly to your followers and create interest whereas SEO links to your website can provide the clicks you need to garner new customers.
Your business needs to harness the power of the two. Well-written content will ensure your message is sent via both channels which in turn will pay dividends for you.
Questions and Answers
Q. How do I write a successful Social Media post to promote my company?
A. Whilst the idea previously was to create short blog posts to capture attention the growing trend is to craft a longer post to engage readers. Here are a few ideas on how to create a post that is worth sharing!
- Engage your reader by showing them you are an expert in your field. Include data and statistics to share your expertise.
- Post with your audience in mind. If you know what their questions will be then, answer these.
- Write a headline that will grab attention.
- Create a longer post that will include keywords relevant to your business.
- Use images to share your message.