The Types of Content That Work Best for SEO
After analysing hundreds of Search Engine Ranking Positions (SERPs), Rand Fishkin from moz.com has developed a conclusive list of the types of content that work best for SEO.
1. Blog Posts. These help with chasing very specific keywords which can build traffic over time.
2. Articles linked to your website. Write good quality, original articles then have them posted on other websites similar to yours.
3. Photos and visual galleries. Real customers love images! They tend to view and share these which help with traffic and SEO.
4. Interactive tools and content. These engage customers to use your site, which in turn looks good to search engines.
5. Video. For example, a YouTube tutorial embedded into a page. Same as #4. Whilst they don’t directly push your SERPs they indirectly increase your “good score” with Google.
If you need help with any of the content above, Tyranny now employs an in-house copywriter so give us a call and we’ll set you on the right path.
Questions and Answers
Q. How do I write a blog post to boost my SERPs (keywords)?
A. The most important part of writing a blog post is to ensure that you have a goal. Why are you writing this blog post? What SERPs on your website do you want to improve?
Next, your keywords need to be very specific and at least four words. Otherwise, it’s just too competitive, and your blog post won’t rank and you have wasted your time. Pick achievable keywords. For example, you’re a mechanic in the South East suburbs in Melbourne. You could write an article on “Ford engine problems Carnegie”.
You should aim for 300+ words and remember to share on Social Media. Including a funny picture or meme can capture interest and more importantly shares – which help indirectly with SERPs and also directly with sales.
Remember, blog with a purpose to ensure success!